Thursday, May 12, 2011

Blenders

I kept the same blender for the last 20 years. It didn't work all that great so I rarely used it. For Christmas my mom got me a "Magic Bullet" mini-blender. It uses mugs as the blender container and has two different blades - one for chopping/grinding and one for mixing. It's really great for this diet because I don't like plain yogurt but a yogurt smoothie with bananas, frozen berries, and maybe some orange juice is a great way to start the day. It can also grind nuts to make nut flour.

My friend has a "Blend Tech" that, she says, has so much power that when you make a smoothie with berries you can't tell the seeds are in there. I guess it does a lot of other things too. From my reading up on it there are two main competing brands, Blend Tech and Vitamix, which both have their die-hard fans.

The high-end blenders like Blend Tech and Vitamix cost a lot, like $250 and up, but they last for decades. My Magic Bullet only costs around $50. I think I'll stay happy with that for now.

What I ate yesterday:
Breakfast - scrambled eggs with cheese; apple and cheddar
Lunch - kale
Snack - yogurt smoothie - yogurt, banana, berries
Dinner - broccoli and cheese

(I wasn't very hungry)

No comments:

Post a Comment