Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Moroccan Carrot Salad

This recipe is pretty authentic - I had it first in a Moroccan restaurant, then when I was visiting my sister her friend from Morocco made the salad and it tasted just like this one, both times. It's amazing how much a few simple ingredients can transform carrots!

Ingredients:

6-7 carrots, cut into 1/4" pieces
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. paprika
salt and pepper to taste
Small bunch of cilantro, washed and chopped

Preparation:

Boil the carrots in salted water for 5 minutes then drain. In a small bowl mix the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin and paprika. Mix the dressing with the carrots. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with the cilantro.

Carrots are a great source of beta carotene, the precursor of vitamin A.

-------------------

I'm making more adobo today, this time I substituted in 6 plum tomoatoes and 1/4 cup honey for the ketchup, and a dash of cloves. I've yet to make SCD ketchup because I rarely use it. I've gotten so addicted to adobo on my morning eggs, I haven't wanted to eat them as much since I ran out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment